Ramya Krishnan doesn’t need any introduction, especially after splendid success of Baahubali in which she played the role of Raj Mata Sivagami Devi. Needless to say, her work was much appreciated and the franchisee gave her acting career new heights, giving her worldwide recognition. In this article, we present 8 unknown facts about Ramya Krishnan that all her fans would love to know!!
1) She was born in Chennai on September 15, 1970, and her uncle Cho Ramaswamy was a well-known Indian comedian and actor.
2) She has learnt various dance forms including Kuchipudi, Bharathanatyam and Western as well as did a number of stage shows.
3) Ramya Krishnan appeared in more than 200 movies in five different languages – Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
4) She was just 13 when she stepped in the film industry in the year 1984 and acted in Neram Pularumbol, a Malayalam movie; however, the release of the flick was delayed and people got to see her for the first time in Tamil movie Vellai Manasu, which hit the theatres in 1985.
5) Ramya played the female lead in popular Hindi film “Bade Miyan Chote Miyan” starring Govinda and Big B.
6) She tied knot with Krishna Vamsi, director of Telugu movies, on 12th June, 2003 and the couple is blessed with a cute son named Ritwik.
7) The role of Sivagami was first offered to Sridevi but she quoted a very high price after which makers approached Ramya for the character and the rest is history. “Baahubali” is one of the best movies of her filmy career.
8) She received 3 Filmfare Awards:
a) Best Actress for “Padayappa” (Tamil) in 1999
b) Best Supporting Actress for “Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam” (Telugu) in 2009
c) Best Supporting Actress for “Baahubali: The Beginning” (Telugu) in 2015
2 Nandi Awards:
a) Best Actress for “Kante Koothurne Kanu” in 1998
b) Best Supporting Actress for “Raju Maharaju” in 2009
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards:
a) Best Actress (Special Prize) for “Padayappa” in 1999
Did you know these facts about her? Wanna add to the list?