Source : ITI Times
Procured via Google Search.
Some Interesting Facts About Priyanka Gandhi Life
- Priyanka Gandhi is the second child of late Sh. Rajiv Gandhi and Indian National Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
- Priyanka Gandhi comes from highly influential political family. Her father was Rajiv Gandhi, while her grandmother was Indira Gandhi and great grandfather was Jawaharlal Nehru and all of them were the Indian Prime Ministers.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s grandfather Feroze Gandhi was a respected parliamentarian and her great-great-grandfather, Motilal Nehru, also was a distinguished leader in the Indian Independence Movement.
- Priyanka Gandhi did her schooling from Modern School and Convent of Jesus and Mary in New Delhi
- Not many people know that Priyanka Gandhi holds degree in psychology from Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University.
- However, after the assassination of her late grandmother Indira Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi and her brother Rahul Gandhi both continued their education from home only.
- Ironcially, Priyanka Gandhi was an amateur radio operator, carrying the call sign of VU2PGY.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s mother Sonia Gandhi is currently the President of the Indian National Congress and also the Chairperson of the ruling United Progressive Alliance.
- Priyanka Gandhi married her childhood sweetheart Robert Vadra, the man of her dreams in 1997.
- Priyanka Gandhi was from India’s first family’s, most eligible daughter. While, Robert Vadra was just a businessman from the town of Moradabad.
- Priyanka Gandhi and Robert Vadra first met about six years before the couple got married.
- Back then Priyanka Gandhi was just about 20 years old and Robert Vadre was about 22 years old when they first met each other at a home in Delhi.
- At a party arranged by Priyanka Gandhi and Robert Vadra’s Italian friends and a seed of liking was somewhat sowed there.
- Priyanka Gandhi was trying to reconcile after Indira Gandhi’s assassination in 1984.
- And due to the same Priyanka Gandhi was under Z plus security guarded round-the-clock.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s freedom was curtailed and meetings with friends were decreased too.
- Robert Vadre lived in New Friends Colony along with his mother and sister and for Priyanka’s family he was just like any normal man.
- But reportedly Priyanka Gandhi was attracted towards Robert Vadre.
- And as the number of their meetings increased and Priyanka Gandhi and Robert Vadra’s love kept blossoming with every meeting.
- Despite all this Priyanka Gandhi continues to regularly visit her mother’s and brother’s constituencies of Rae Bareilly and Amethi repectively.
- In fact Priyanka Gandhi is a popular figure in the constituency, which thereby draws large crowds everywhere she goes.
- Priyanka Gandhi has managed to build a repution of a good organizer, who is level headed, and has always believed in the her party.
- Surprisingly for people who have worked closely with Priyanka Gandhi they strongly believe that she has what it takes.
- “Political, pragmatic and street smart and shrewd” these are the exact words that were used to describe the young Congress leader.
- Not only physically but her actions to remind us on her grandmother. And not only this, but Priyanka Gandhi has somehow always remained like a shadows behind her mother and brother.
- Or you look at they way Priyanka Gandhi dresses up, you will always she her clad in cotton saris or churidar kurtas, and this is an instant reminder of her grandmother.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s love for photography is not a hidden fact. Not many people know that she inherited this from her late father.
- “Children seem to be a weakness for Priyanka. It was she who took the initiative in transforming the basement of the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation’s office in Delhi into a beautiful children’s library. Children from various schools across Delhi visit it and spend the full day there.”
- Not many people know that Priyanka Gandhi loves to cook, read stories as well.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s children are the centre of her universe. She reportedly takes them out for holidays in the wildlife sanctuaries.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s bakes well and enjoy feeding her dishes to people who visit her at her residence.
- Priyanka Gandhi is spiritual person who is reportedly interested in Buddhism, and does a lot of yoga to stay fit and in shape.
- Politically, as a Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi is known to be shrewder than her mother and brother.
- “Priyanka is more people-centric, a better communicator but very short tempered and snaps easily when disobeyed. She has more charisma but (is) not a risk-taker in any way. She has a shorter-term vision than her brother but (is a) better hands-on manager of situations.”
- Recently, Priyanka Gandhi came under the scanner for expressing the interest to be the Congress candidate in the holy city.
- But reportedly the party’s top leadership finally decided against fielding Priyanka Gandhi versus Modi
- Still, this move might just be too brave for Priyanka or for the future of the Gandhi family.
- If insiders are to be believed that Priyanka Gandhi’s desire to take the field against Modi is significant incident.
- This is primarily because Priyanka’s action comes in the stark contrast to the continuing perception of Rahul Gandhi being a reluctant politician. Some even went on to say ‘Priyanka lao, Congress bachao’.