Saturn is a karaka, or indicator, of longevity, misery, sorrow, old age and death, discipline, restriction, responsibility, delays, ambition, leadership and authority, humility, integrity, wisdom born of experience. Saturn also indicates asceticism, denial, non-attachment, spirituality, hard work, organization, reality and time itself.
Planet Saturn is constantly teaching lessons. It causes delays so you may learn patience, it causes trouble so you may learn to be honest with yourself and others and to teach you to be objective. It balances Jupiter’s expansiveness with prudence, Jupiter’s luck with practicality, Jupiter’s enthusiasm with soberness and conservation – in short it is the opposite of Jupiter.
Given below are some of the simple but highly cost effective remedies that any person can adopt to protect themselves against the inauspicious effects of a malefic planet like Saturn.
- Saturn Yantra, can be used by everybody at all time in their life.
- Hanuman Kavach to protect oneself during Sade Sati (7.5 years cycle of Saturn).
- A combination of Saturn Yantra and Moon Yantra can be a potent protection against Sade Sati or against 8th house or 4th house transit of Saturn.
- A combination of Hanuman Kavach and Saturn Yantra is very effective if there is a combination of Saturn and Mars conjoined in one sign in a person’s chart. This will be more so if one of them or both are debilitated and retrograde in the natal chart. Or the combination makes the chart ” Mangalik”
- The name mantra for Saturn is “OM SHANAISCHARAYA NAMAHA” The seed mantra for Saturn is “OM SHAM’ Pronounced as “Shum”. Regular chanting of the mantra for Saturn every day with devotion and faith will also be good protection.
- If you believe in worship then worship of Lord Shiva or his consort Mother Kali will also be good protection.
However the most important will be to change your life style. Saturn requires self-discipline, renunciation, surrender, detachment, objectivity, and performing good karma regularly.