The NSW Federation of Community Language Schools Inc. has held its Annual State Conference and Professional Development day at the University of Sydney on Saturday 7th of October 2017.
The first Keynote Speaker was Professor John Hajek from the University of Melbourne and the second Keynote Speaker was A/Professor Ken Cruickshank from the University of Sydney. There were another 20 eminent presenters with further 24 workshops delivered.
“We are very delighted and honoured with the attendance of the following VIPs at this year’s conference, Says Mr Albert Vella, President of the Federation
- The Hon. Ray Williams, Member for Castle Hill and Minister for Multiculturalism and Disability Services, who represented the NSW Government.
- Ms Sophie Cotsis, Member for Canterbury and Shadow Minister for Women, Disability Services and Multiculturalism and Ageing, who represented the State Opposition.
- The Hon David Clark MLC Parliamentary Secretary for Justice
- Mr Mark Coure Member for Oatley and Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Infrastructure.
- Ms Jodi Mckay, Member for Strathfield and Shadow Minister for Transport.
- The Hon Ernest Wong MLC.
- From the Diplomatic Corp: Ms Martha Mavrommatis, High Commissioner of Republic of Cyprus, Mr Keizo Takewaka Consul-General of Japan, Mr Melih Karalar Consul General of the Republic of Turkey, Mr Paulo Domingues Consul General of Portugal in Sydney, Mr Klaus Steitz Deputy Consul General of Germany and Mr S.K Verma Consul of India.
“This year’s conference was by far the most successful we have ever held with 600 participants and we would like to thank the Community Languages Schools Program of the NSW Department of Education who subsidised this year’s conference” says Michael Christodoulou AM – Executive Officer of the NSW FCLS Inc.