A simple yet delicious preparation with easily available ingredients. Raw bananas and urad daal even out the spiciness of fiery chillies and team up with other ingredients to create this scrummy treat.
Recipe Servings : 3
Recipe Cook Time : 45 minutes
- 3 Raw bananas
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop raw bananas in bite size pieces.
- Immerse in water.
- Drain all water and mix raw banana pieces with chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt, ginger garlic paste.
- Add 2-3 tsp water and mix well.
- Keep a side for 10 minutes or until required.
- Meanwhile peel and slice onion.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Let them splutter.
- Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, Urad dal, dry red chilies and toss.
- Add onions and sauté till light brown.
- Now, add raw banana mixture and cook covered on medium to slow flame until cooked.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Put out the flame and keep aside for 10 mints before serving.